Friday, December 25, 2015

Tonglen

I was just talking through how to do an upcoming exposure with a residential counselor here at the Houston OCD Program.

At the end of the conversation, she was talking about accepting that things will just happen as they happen. My reaction to this was to yell "Ahhhh  Ahhhh" in response to this. My thoughts quickly turned from ideas around how a physical therapy appointment might go to tornados destroying everything in their path. Mayhem Mayhem Mayhem.

So, I stayed with the sensations that went with the utter chaos that I associated with her words about things just happening as they happen. What then ensued turned into a tonglen meditation. By the end I was imagining myself being able to sit with the ideas of things just happening as they happen more like my partner Peter would.

No comments:

Post a Comment