Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Leeann's answer

My pharmacist at Stadium Pharmacy, Xavier Tato, has been so patient and helpful to me.

One thing that I'm finding really helpful today is something Xavier said to me when I was struggling with indecision (as I often have been while talking to Xavier) . He said to cast it as "What's Leeann's answer?" Base it on what feels right right now.

塞翁失馬 (Sai weng shi ma) reminds me that we can't know whether we will like the outcomes that seem like they are highly correlated with what I've chosen. So, be process-oriented instead of outcome-oriented, and perhaps this reminder will help me go with what feels like Leeann's answer in each moment. Go with what feels right to Leeann, right now.

Where is Leeann in all this? That's a question along similar lines that was posed to me by my therapist at the Houston OCD Program. If I'm letting my "robot program" run my life, then there is no Leeann in all this.


No comments:

Post a Comment