Sunday, August 28, 2016

“Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

One thing this quote definitely speaks to for me is connecting with others in writing. Wanting what I say to be more significant gets in the way of getting it carried out. Getting it carried out needs to be more important!!!

Another thing this quote speaks to is Melisa saying not to get caught up in which exposures to do. I'm getting far too hampered by wanting the ones I do to be the "right" ones. Instead, it would behoove me to close my eyes and jump, because it is very important that I do them. Pick one, any one. Be with the uncertainty, and do something, anything. Be process-oriented and not outcome-oriented. Outcome-oriented me was saying that leaving this post opened up in one of my browser windows might mean that it comes across my purview at just the "right" moment in a way that would be more significant than if I closed the browser window. Process-oriented me wants to keep moving and doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment